Miami (January 30, 2022)- The Inter American Press Association (IAPA) has informed media professionals in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, and Spain that there are only few hours left until its Excellence in Journalism 2022 contest expires.
Please note that the same journalist may submit entries in three categories but not submit more than one entry per category. In the case of videos, the applicant must create a Word document and insert the corresponding link.
Only journalistic pieces published during 2021 in a printed or online newspaper, weekly, magazine, or publication will be considered contestants. The closing date for receipt of applications is January 30, 2022, at midnight.
A jury of the IAPA Awards Committee members will choose the winner in each category. The first prize in each category is US$2,000 (two thousand U.S. dollars). The awards ceremony will occur in October 2022 during the 78th IAPA General Assembly.
The IAPA appreciates the general sponsorship of CNN en Español for the Journalistic Excellence contest.
As it does every year, IAPA will award the Grand Prize for Press Freedom to a person or organization with significant achievements in favor of this cause.
To participate, it is not necessary to be a member of the IAPA; click here.
The 14 categories of the IAPA Journalistic Excellence Awards 2022 are:
1. Caricature (sponsored by El Tiempo, Bogotá, Colombia)
2. News coverage on the internet (sponsored by TV Venezuela, Miami, Florida)
3. News coverage (sponsored by Grupo Opsa, San Pedro Sula, Honduras)
4. Best Interview Alejandro Miró Quesada Garland (sponsored by El Comercio, Lima, Peru)
5. Oliver F. Clarke Chronicle (sponsored by The Gleaner, Kingston, Jamaica)
6. Human Rights and community service (sponsored by Debate Media, Mexico)
7. Photography (sponsored by La Prensa Gráfica, San Salvador, El Salvador)
8. Infographic (sponsored by Clarín, Buenos Aires, Argentina)
9. Opinion (sponsored by El Mercurio, Santiago, Chile)
10. Data journalism (sponsored by Grupo de Comunicaciones Corripio, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)
11. In-depth journalism (sponsored by La República, Lima, Peru)
12. Environmental journalism Roberto Eisenmann Jr. (sponsored by La Prensa, Panama City, Panama)
13. "FIU Global Health" health journalism (sponsored by the Robert Stempel College of Public Health & Social Work, Florida International University, Miami, Florida.
14. University journalism (sponsored by Infobae).
IAPA is a non-profit organization dedicated to defending and promoting freedom of the press and expression in the Americas. It comprises more than 1,300 publications from the western hemisphere; and is based in Miami, Florida, United States.